My Wargaming and hobby progression

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

05/12/2014

Preparing For My First Horus Heresy Game


So this weekend see's my gaming club, the Queensland Gamer's Guild, December meet up. I'm due to play my first Heresy game against Corbulo and his Mechanicum, from the Heresy 30K forums.

As regular readers may be aware, although I've completed several units of Emperor's Children, I'm still not close to having a functioning army. My Slaanesh Daemons will be filling out the gaps.


Game Type

Attacker vs Defender.
My combined Emperor's Children and Daemons will be assaulting a Mechanicum facility. The game will go to a minimum of 5 turns, and a roll of 4+ will see the game go to a 6th turn.

Victory Conditions:
Whoever controls the base at the end of the game wins.

Special Rules:
Endless Horde: Lessor Daemon unit's completely destroyed will be put back into ongoing reserves. (Daemonettes and Seekers of Slaanesh)

With the Special rules in mind, I want to take as many Lessor Daemons as possible, but I need to balance this with taking units that will be able to handle some Tough Mechanicum units.

Slaves to Slaanesh Army List


@HQ [ 4 ]
Lord Commander Eidolon (205pts); Jump pack;
Primus Medicae (150pts); Jump Pack; Power Weapon; Artificer Armour; Refractor Field; Sonic Shrieker; Melta Bombs;
Keeper of Secrets (220pt.) ML1; Lesser Rewards; Greater Rewards (x2); 
Herald of Slaanesh (125pt.) Steed of Slaanesh; Lesser Locus of Grace; ML1; Greater Reward; Lesser Reward; 
Herald of Slaanesh (130pt.) ; Exalted Locus of Beguilement; ML1; Greater Reward; Lesser Reward; 

@Troops [ 4 ]
10x Veteran Tactical Marines (260pts); Vexillia; 2x Heavy Bolter; Sergeant: Artificer Armour;
15x Daemonettes of Slaanesh (161pt.); Alluress; Greater Reward; Chaos Icon; 
15x Daemonettes of Slaanesh (161pt.); Alluress; Greater Reward; Chaos Icon; 
10x Daemonettes of Slaanesh (115pt.); Alluress; Greater Reward;

@Elites [ 3 ]
5x Palatine Blades (220pts); Jump Packs; Sonic Shriekers; 2x Phoenix Spear; Sergeant; Melta Bombs; Sniper;
Mortis Contemptor (180pts); 2x Kheres Assault Cannons;
Contemptor (200pts); Kheres Assault Cannon; Heavy Flamer;

@Fast attack [ 1 ]
15x Seekers of Slaanesh (203pt.); Heartseeker; Greater Reward; Chaos Icon

@Heavy support [ 1 ]
Soul Grinder (170pt.); Baleful torrent; 

Total: 2,500pts

I have a lot of Rending in this army, so it will be deadly in assault. My main concern is high AV vehicles, My only real answer to them is to punch them. So I will need to get up close and personal as soon as possible.

What do you think of my chances? How would you handle a Mechanicum army with what I have available? Any advice you have to offer? Let me know in the comments.

0 comments:

Post a Comment