My Wargaming and hobby progression

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

08/08/2014

Daemons (Slaanesh) vs Daemons (Tzeentch) - 750pts


At the Queensland Gamers Guild meet up last weekend I played against another Daemon army, what I thought was a fluffy Tzeentch list. The gamer was trying a list for an upcoming event called ForceZ in Brisbane, which is 5 games at 750pts over the course of one day with each game limited to1hr 15mins.


This is going to be a quick report, as a lot of the pictures I took were sadly blurred, and we were rushed towards the end of the game to get it finished before midday.

Army Lists


@HQ [ 1 ]
Herald of Slaanesh (115pt.) Steed of Slaanesh; Lesser Locus of Grace; Mastery level 1; Greater Rewards;
@Troops [ 2 ]
15x - Daemonettes of Slaanesh (160pt.); Alluress; Greater Rewards;
15x - Daemonettes of Slaanesh (160pt.); Alluress; Greater Rewards;
@Fast attack [ 1 ]
10x - Seekers of Slaanesh (145pt.); Heartseeker; Greater Rewards;
@Heavy support [ 1 ]
Soul Grinder (170pt.); Daemon of Slaanesh; Baleful torrent;

The Herald rolled Invisibility psychic power and all Greater Rewards are Greater Etherblades.

The list I played against from memory:

@HQ [ 3 ]
The Blue Scribes (81pt.) Scrolls of Sorcery;
Herald of Tzeentch (150pt.) Mastery level 3; Exalted Rewards; Disc of Tzeentch
Herald of Tzeentch (150pt.) Mastery level 3; Exalted Rewards; Disc of Tzeentch
@Troops [ 2 ]
11x - Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (99pt.)
11x - Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (99pt.)
@Fast attack [ 1 ]
6x - Screamers of Tzeentch (150pt.)

We played a Maelstrom Mission. He had the Grimoire and a 2 Herald Screamerstar. I've never played against the Screamerstar, so I was very wary of it. His plan was to summon as much as possible and flood the field with additional troops.

My plan was to rush across the board and use an Invisible Seeker squad to hold up the Screamerstar and the rest of my army to kill his troops and reduce his ability to summon more troops.

Turn One


I deployed first and went first, picked up 1 Secure objective card and the ascendancy card and was able to hold 4 objectives with my 4 units and got a total of 4 VP's in my first turn.

My opponent failed to summon any Daemons in his turn, failing 2 rolls of 6 warp dice. To add insult to injury the Blue Scribes perilled whilst casting Cursed Earth and were dragged back into the warp, First Blood to me. He had deployed everything in the back field hiding behind a large ruined building. He left his Horrors where they were and moved his Screamerstar forward.

Turn Two


My next turn I got Invisibility on my Seekers and charged them at the Screamerstar, the rest of my army ran towards the Horrors. I knocked a wound of 2 Screamers, but they passed their Daemonic Instability tests.

My opponents next turn see's him cast Prescience and Grimoire on the Screamerstar, summons a unit of Plaguebearers in my backfield and drops the portalglyph in the corner. He can't hit my invisible Seekers and I can't wound his screamers. I do knock another wound of the Screamerstar.

Turn Three


The rest of my army is still running across the board. The Soul Grinder drops the template on some Horrors kills a couple. My Seeker takes another wound of the Screamerstar. He can't hit the Invisible unit, but passes Daemonic Instability and the combat continues.

My opponent summons a squad of Daemonettes in my backfield, and the Portalglyph poops out 3 Horrors.. Seekers finally do some real damage, knocking 4 wounds of the Screamerstar. He rolls the Daemonic Instability test...blink, they all come back....

Turn Four


I fail to get Invisibility on the Seekers, this could be trouble. Daemonettes charge the 2 squads of horror's in the backfield, Killing both squads outright. The Soul Grinder moves around the building looking to help the now very vulnerable Seekers. The Seekers knock another wound of the Screamerstar, but they return the favour killing four. Daemonic Instability roll.... blink, the rest of the squad disappears, leaving the Herald on one wound. Ouch. The Gods are fickle.

He summons another squad of Horrors. Screamerstar kills off the Herald and moves out towards the Soul Grinder.

Turn Five


1 squad of Daemonettes are out of the game, to far away to reach anything. The Soul Grinder drops the template on the Screamstar, and knocks a wound of a Herald. The other squad of Daemonettes charges a squad of Horrors, killing 8.

At this point I'm wining 7-4 on Victory Points. My opponent has an objective secure card, which his Plaguebearers are on, and a line breaker card, D3 VP if he has more than 3 units. He boosts his Screamerstar over and rolls for 3 VP's. He wins 9-8 on Victory Points after secondary objectives are tallied.

Summary


This game lasted over 2 hours. Which would have meant it finished earlier in the game, and I would have one. But we were discussing the Orktoberfest 40K tournament, the ForceZ tournament and this was the first time he had played Tzeentch Summoning Daemons so he should be quicker for the ForceZ tournament. It goes to show, that Summoning takes a very long time, so if you have a really short time frame for playing think twice about depending on it.

Not getting Invisibility off cost me the game. I rolled one for warp Charge and the 2 dice were not enough to cast it. The dice were not kind with the Daemonic Instability tests, he made his unit back, I lost my entire unit. I also should have left a squad of Daemonettes in my backfield to protect against Daemons being summoned back there. I just can't help but charge everything across the board!

It was a fun game, and I learnt more about my army. Here are some of the better pictures taken from the match.





















0 comments:

Post a Comment